Beer Ye! Beer Ye!
With many happenings abound as the summer comes to a close, we chose the Microbrasserie Dieu du ciel on Laurier in Montréal to host our 58th volume. The theme was simply – taste many offerings and vote on your favourite! Sounds easy enough… but man oh man, does DDC make a plethora of great beers!
BRSTº WINNER: CASK – IPA Sul Pouce Vers Une Autre Extra Galaxie
Favourite of Corey, Daniel, Nick, Jones
- This beer is outstanding – creamy, fruity, perfect IBU to accompany and a nice smooth finish.
- I am under the impression, after searching through Untappd that this beer is and will forever be very difficult to find.
- My favourite thing about this particular beer was when I asked the server why this cask beer was cold, and not room temperature (of which I am accustomed with cask beers)… his reply? “Parc qu’on garde au froid”, with his eyebrows raised in a quizzical manner. It was for sure the dumbest question he received all night.
Fun Fou – IPA Sure
Favourite of Kristen
- This beer was the perfect mix of IPA and Sour. I will require this in bottled version forever thank you.
Y’a Pas de Trouble – IPA Nouvelle Vague
Favourite of Boris
- If I remember correctly, this was not exactly an NEIPA, but kinda like that…
Solstice d’Été – Raspberry Sour Wheat Beer
Favourite of Anna
- The perfect summer sour as far as Anna is concerned… and due to the fact that the 3 other beers mentioned above are impossible to find in any store, this beer will in fact represent V58 at Byear in Review!
‘Til next time!
That Guy from Beerstitution